Sunday, November 2, 2008

Time Change Reminders!

As it gets darker earlier in my living room, I am reminded of the little home maintenance items that need to be done.
If you haven't already done so, it's time to check and change out the batteries in your smoke detectors. I don't know why, but our batteries always seem to go out in the middle of the night and it freaks my dog out. She goes and hides underneath a bed upstairs or jumps into bed with me and shakes like Jell-O. So, save yourself the adrenaline rush at 3 am. Oh, and don't forget to stock up on 9 volt batteries.
Also, make sure you check your air filters every month. One thing I have learned is that you don't need to spend gobs of money on the special allergen filters if you change them frequently.
Are there certain tasks you do monthly? It's so easy to remember with the technology we have! Plug it into your phone or into your Outlook calendar. It's way easier to let the computer remind us than rely on my own brain!

No comments: