As I was driving through the city of Highland Village, Texas, I started thinking how much I love the area that I live and work in. It's easy to be thankful for all we have this time of year but when there are so many daily reminders, I started thinking about all the reasons I love where I live!
1. It's hard not to find Santa at every turn, at every event and causing kids to be panicked and frantic just at the mention of his name. We have seen Santa six times and it hasn't gotten any easier for my 16 month old (pictured here). This was a morning with Santa at the local paint-your-own-pottery store, Color Me Mine. Each kid painted a mug or plate complete with story time with Santa.
2. After a few years off, the city fire department started back with their tradition of Santa riding on the fire truck through the streets of Highland Village. Sirens blaring, lights a gazing, and Santa on top of the truck waving and ho-ho-hoing. Such a fun night!
3. On a walk the other day, my daughter was riding her bide with recently removed training wheels on a street with a yet-to-be-completed housing development. I typically take my dog off the leash to run around and explore. I was just about to put her back on the leash when a police officer whipped around the corner. Uh-oh. He had a piece of paper out that I was sure to be a ticket. No, instead, he handed my daughter a coupon for a free kid's meal from Chick-fil-a and thanked her for wearing her helmet. I looked on the city website and found that the police department has actually partnered with local businesses to hand out free coupons to safe bike riders. Wow, what a great idea!
4. Over the past two years or so, I have really tried to shop local and pay more attention to stores, businesses and owners who live in my community. Our outdoor mall opened in November 2007 and this is the first year that I really spent a lot of time there. While I realize that the majority of the stores are nationally-known franchises, there are still owners and managers that live in this area. Plus, tax dollars are always helpful :) There are always great activities at The Shops and this time of year, we have "Our Village Glows". This is the time when the school choirs sing, cookie decorating happens and the enormous Christmas tree is lit for all to see. It's really a wonderful event and so much fun to celebrate the Christmas season and the holiday spirit!
5. For the past eight years, Highland Village has been named the "Safest City in North Texas". Quite an honor
Welcome to Trends With Tricia! It's my goal to assist you with your real estate needs and to just shed some light on the ever-changing world of real estate! Please check out my Helpful Links to find websites for information on mortgages, homes for sale, school rankings and more. I am part of a very talented team, Team Nelson. If you need the help of quality real estate agents who care more about the relationship with clients than just a paycheck, don't hesitate to contact me!
I am a real estate agent with Team Nelson serving the North Texas area including Highland Village, Flower Mound, Argyle, Copper Canyon, Southlake, Colleyville and the surrounding areas. I have earned my e-PRO and ALHS designations. The e-PRO indicates I am committed to using the latest technology to list and sell properties for my clients. The ALHS designation stands for Accredited Luxury Home Specialist, which prepares and educates me to successfully provide service to high-end and luxury clients.
I love my job, but love my family more! I have a wonderful soccer coach husband and an amazing daughter!