I was intrigued by the supplement publication to D Magazine this month. There is an article entitled "65 things you can do right now" that references some simple behavioral changes and shifts in consumer spending, making a ptah to being green a little easier.
Here are some of the ways to start:
1. Benjamin Moore Eco Spec 100% acrylic pain line takes away volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that aren't good for you or the earth.
2. If you are comfortable with it, pay your bills online!
3. The "Always at Peace Organic Spa"(AlwaysAtPeace.com) in Plano is an earth-friendly indulgence. All the products used in the massages, facials and tratments are organic. That's one way to help the Earth that I am totally on board with!
4. Check out books from your local library or purchase used books from Half Price Books.
5. Wonder what your home's carbon footprint is? Check out Dallas-based Current Energy (CurrentEnergy.com) to find out.
6. Plano-based Frito-Lay has been recognized by the EPA for its energy conservation. So, eat up and think about how you're helping the environment, not packing on the pounds!
Until next time...stay warm!
3 months ago