- The past six years, Highland Village has been voted the Safest City in North Texas.
- The new Wal-Mart Super Center will open November 7.
- The developer of The Shops at Highland Village is helping to fund the expansion of the 2499/407 intersection 600 feet in each direction so that it will ease the congestion immediately.
- Phase 4 of the 2499 expansion (407 to Swisher Rd.) is in the bidding phase right now. Construction should start Jan/Feb with 2.5 to 3 yrs of construction. There is one mile of bridgework involved.
- 407 West from 2499 to 1830 is funded, but construction won't begin for another two years due to an environmental impact study and condemnation of six properties
- There is one large retail spot left at The Shops of Highland Village and Williams-Sonoma is being courted to take it.
If you have any questions about real estate issues in Highland Village or your own community, please contact me! Thanks to my team member, Becky, for all this great information!