Friday, February 6, 2009

I joined an organization!

I am not the kind of girl that joins community organizations, or really enjoys them all that much. It's not that I don't enjoy being social but a lot of these groups aren't really well organized and are frankly, just a waste of time.
The exception to that rule is the Lewisville Chamber of Commerce that I recently joined. My dear friend, Gary Charlton, encouraged me to check out the weekly meeting at 7:45. Now, that's a bit early for me to not only be out of bed, but dressed, with my face on, and on the road. But, it was definitely worth my time! I joined the Chamber last week and have attended two meetings this week. The networking that takes place is great and the people are absolutely genuine. I am excited to see where this relationship goes!

No comments: