Monday, February 9, 2009

Go Stimulus Bill!

I wonder if I'm like most Americans. I want the country to be back on track towards prosperity and a world power. I don't exactly know what to say about all the spending for government agencies that doesn't seem to really stimulate much of anything.
But one thing that is exciting is the potential tax credit that is available for people who buy homes in 2009. This is unlike the 2008 first-time homebuyer credit that was $7500. This was something you had to pay back. Not the stimulus bill of 2009! This is a tax credit that will apply up to 10% of the value of the house or up to $15,000 ($150,000 home). The other great part of this is that it may extend for homebuyers who bought the previous year from the passing of the stimulus bill. So, if the bill passes March 1, 2009, you would qualify for the tax credit if you purchased a home from March 1, 2008-March 1, 2009.
With interest rates being at historic lows, sellers pricing their homes more competitively and Team Nelson selling your house for free, what better time than now to consider buying and selling your home? I'm never too busy for you or your referrals. Contact me today!

No comments: