Thursday, September 9, 2010

Two girls, a convertible and Taylor Swift


After five years in real estate, I couldn't imagine going back to work for someone else. It's a day like I had yesterday that reminds me of that.

I love Wednesdays because that is the day my son goes to the grandparents and I get a day to myself...until 3 pm. That's when my five year old gets off the kindergarten school bus and we get a little "girl time". It's great to be able to do my work before she gets home and then it's play time!

Side note...my parents just closed on a house close to us and decided to have a car shipped here to get a break on the insurance. We now have the little Lexus convertible for the next three months. We "have to" drive it once a week to keep from draining the battery.

Trinity asked if we could take the convertible. Good idea I thought despite the torrential rain we had earlier in the day and no baby brother. I loaded up her booster seat in the back and with the top down, we were ready to roll.

"Turn up the music Mom!" she requests. This is the same girl who wanted to go faster on the wave runner. If this is any indication into what the teenage years are going to be like, I am in trouble!

After showing two houses, we went to get her a new pair of shoes and then to a movie. After the movie let out, it was a beautiful evening so the top goes down again. She has a friend who loves Taylor Swift and Trinity has been hammering me to turn on "She wears high heels" for months. I don't have on demand in my car nor did I buy the song on iTunes.

So you can imagine my delight when THAT song came on while on our drive home! Singing the song, wind blowing through our hair, arms in the air. In 10 years we won't remember the shoes that were bought or the movie we saw, but I guarantee we will have fond memories of that time we heard Taylor Swift in Ama's convertible.

No comments: