Sunday, December 6, 2009

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

But that doesn't seem to be stopping the house buying here!
When listing a home, the question I get asked most often is "How long do you think it will take to sell our home?" My response is usually that my crystal ball is in the shop. Timing is everything and although I wish I could give an exact answer, all I can give is what the comps show me.
Two things to keep in mind when listing your home. First, there is always someone looking for a house just like yours. It just depends on if you are selling when they want to buy! Second, if your house is well-maintained and well-priced, the chances of you selling are far greater than if you had one but not the other. If you have a cute house but you are trying to recoup 100% of the money you put into your upgrades, prepare to sit. If you are well-priced but you are priced that way for a reason like you need new carpet or your house is a clutter haven, buyers will pick up on that.
I had two listings recently that could have sat for months but they were both priced competitively and very nicely done.
Keep that in mind and then give me a call. I'll even sell your house for free!

1 comment:

Colored With Memories said...

just be prepared, because it might go in 3-4 days!!!!

love the new header pic! those blue eyes!!! man, y'all have some heartbreakers on your hands!